Chemical control unit
is considered one of the most important lab in the NORCB as the lab receives all the samples that enter the NORCB for importance of chemical & visual analysis of samples for vaccines, antisera, blood products, biotechnology products & extracts.
- The lab receives samples from:
- MA: for analysis of samples according to pharmacopeia methods or validated in house methods in case of normal or fast track registration.
- LR: for analysis of samples according to lot release policy.
- PMS: for analysis of samples after complaints.
- Testing after approval of variations.
- The lab performs important tests for products as:
- visual inspection for all biological products.
- PH for most of products.
- Total protein content for most of products (UV spectrophotometer) which is accredited by EGAC.
- Potency test for some vaccines (ex: meningococcal vaccine and haemophilus influenza vaccine).
- Tests for preservatives such as Thiomersal (by atomic absorption method) and formaldehyde.
- Aluminium content for some vaccines by back titration method.
- Phenol & Tricresol content for some vaccines by back titration method.