Egyptian Drug Authority
The Egyptian Drug Authority (EDA) is the pharmaceutical regulatory body of the Egyptian Ministry of Health (MOH) and it is responsible for:
- Protecting people’s health by regulating safety and quality of pharmaceutical products.
- Regulation & legislation of pharmacy practice.
- Availability of high quality medicines at affordable prices.
- Strategic planning & policy making for the sector.
- Setting standards of pharmaceutical services for both hospital & community.
- Orchestrating and integrating all reviewing and analysis processes for products’ registration, lot releases and market monitoring.
- Enhancing public awareness of possible adverse actions of medicines, dangers of drug misuse and warnings
- Supporting programs for improving pharmacy education and continuous training of pharmacists
- Cooperation with relevant international organizations (such as the WHO) in order to improve standards of pharmaceutical products and practices.